“A college that works for all students”

At a recent meeting with students, HSU Chancellor Dr. Chuck Ambrose fielded questions, cleared up rumors and got some feedback.

A college that works for all students

Dr. Chuck Ambrose held a student forum Tuesday, Feb. 15, in the ballroom in Henderson’s Garrison Center. Over 80 people attended the meeting in person and via zoom.
He started off the meeting with a question to the students. “If you could be chancellor for a day: What would be the one thing you’d change about Henderson?”
Students brought up all kinds of concerns, including making living quarters safer and cleaner, reallocating resources from recruiting and making the campus more friendly for non-native English speakers. Several in attendance fielded their own questions about what’s happening with the financial situation.
At the meeting, Ambrose hit upon some of the major changes that students can maybe expect while alleviating some worries and fears. His goal for the university is to see an expansion of work-study positions. Up to 30 to 40% of work done on campus could be done as part of a student job in the coming years. In the immediate, federal HEERF funding is set to expire on June 30 as the pandemic winds to an end.
“Next year,” said Ambrose. “Which really begins right now, is about reimagining Henderson. We’ve placed a real high priority in restoring the financial integrity of Henderson. We’re going to have a college that works for all students.”