Live music near you

Concerts in the area for your listening pleasure

Event Summary by Pete Tubbs, Editor in Chief

Looking for some awesome live music to experience during the month of April (that’s not on HSU’s campus)? Well, Little Rock has certainly got the tunes.

Little Rock:

On Wednesday, April 4, you can catch Take 6, Donnie McClurkin, Charles Jenkins, Fred Hammond, and James Fortune at the Robinson Performance Hall in Downtown LR.

At Rebel Kettle Brewing, you can go “Straight to Hell” when you go see Drivin’ n’ Cryin’ on April 7. The country/rock band has several backroad hits, and will surely blow the socks off of the brewery.

On Tuesday, April 10, you can catch the legendary REO Speedwagon, Don Felder, and Styx. It’s time for you to fly to Verizon Arena to catch these tickets while they’re still available.

If you’re in touch with your country side, you can head to Verizon Arena two days after the rock legends visit to catch Lindsay Eli, Dustin Lynch, Brad Paisley, and Chase Bryant. You won’t even have to get a little mud on the tires to get there, just make sure you mark April 12 down on your calendars.

The famed Rev Room in downtown LR will be host to John Moreland in Deer Tick on April 13 if you just can’t seem to scratch that country itch.

Country legend Waylon Jennings has a son. That son is named Shooter Jennings, and he’s going to perform his own brand of country music at Stickyz Rock’N’Roll Chicken Shack on April 15.

Houston, TX based band Blue October that’s famous for their hit songs “Hate Me” and “Into the Ocean” will perform at the Metroplex Live on Wednesday April 18. If you’re looking to get your 2000’s music fix, this is probably your best bet.

If this selection of music doesn’t make you wanna sing, then nothing will.