Henderson’s in the red (pun intended)

Here's how you can avoid it

Provost+Steve+Adkinson+was+one+of+the+speakers+at+the+meeting+that+informed+campus+of+the+%243.2+million+dollar+loss+in+budget+for+next+year.+
Provost Steve Adkinson was one of the speakers at the meeting that informed campus of the $3.2 million dollar loss in budget for next year.

Photo by Paris Dugan, Jr. Photo Chief

Photo by Paris Dugan, Jr. Photo Chief

Story by Walker Walthall, Student Reporter

Photo by Paris Dugan, Jr. Photo Chief

It is no secret that the university isn’t in the best spot when it comes to money right now. Just because the university is having problems with money doesn’t mean that the students should be. Here are a few tips to keep your bank account in the positive.

1. Always know how much money you have coming in.

When dealing with money it is always important to know how much money that you have coming in. Without this knowledge your spending habits will almost always exceed your income. Once you have this information the other steps will be much easier.

2. Plan ahead.

Planning ahead is essential whenever you are dealing with money. Without a plan you will almost always end up buying things that you don’t need to buy.

The best way to counteract this is when shopping for groceries make a list.

Plan out your meals in advance so you know what to buy and what to leave at the store. can. This can apply to people with a meal plan too. Planning ahead on how many Starbucks drinks you plan on having in one week can help a lot.

3. Save up for what you want.

Most of the time when people want something and they have the cash they go out and buy it right then. A better strategy is to anticipate things you want, so you can save up for it.

Instead of going a week without deodorant so you could buy Far Cry 5 as soon as it came out, a better strategy would be to have save up the weeks before the game came out, so you could be gaming and still smell decent.

When it comes to money not all of us are great at handling it, but if you can take a few of these tips to heart and then you will improve your bank account better than ever.