Wild N’ Reddie: SAB Hosted the Wild N’ Comedy show Monday

Story by Greta Goslee Student Reporter

On Monday, Feb. 19, Henderson’s Student Activity Board hosted the Reddies Wild N’ Comedy show for student and members of the community. The event featured stand-up comedians and ended with the student involved Wild N’ Reddie show. 

Mr. Bankshot (@mr_bankshot), Nick Banks, hosted the event. Banks is an Atlanta-based comedian. 

Featured comedians also included: Nema Williams from Oakland (@ nemawilliams), Ronnie Jordan from Atlanta (@ronniejordan) and Tyler Widener (@tylerchronicles). 

The show’s featured comedian is a recurring cast member on MTV’s Wild N’ Out and Joking Out. Darren Brand (@darrenbrand_) from Southern Pines, South Carolina, also known as Big Baby, is a member of The Freestyle Comedy Show. Brand was named of HBCU Buzz’s Historically Black College and University’s Top 30 Under 30 in 2014. 

Arguably, the most entertaining segment of the show was when Henderson students got involved in the comedy. 

Ten student volunteers were split into red and gray teams that competed alongside the guest comedians in Henderson’s version of Wild N’ Out, Wild N’ Reddie. 

Kayla Lewis, sophomore political sciences major, was one of the volunteers chosen by S.A.B. for the Wild N’ Reddie segment. “I would say that my favorite part was ‘Lemme Holla’ and just being a part of something new on campus,” said Lewis. 

Lewis also noted the warmth of the comedians. “They were very nice and laid back, I didn’t expect it,” she said. 

Lewis was a member of the red team, which won at the end of the night.