Extra intramurals

Toryano on the month’s intramurals

Story by Toryano Carrigan, Student Reporter

Going into Spring Break, The Intramural Dodgeball tournament came to a conclusion. The tournament ran February 26- March 12.

There was a total of nine teams; six guys teams and three girls teams. Each team consisted of six to eight players, and each team played nine games. For each game there were two scorekeepers and three referees. Teams played the best of five games with five-minute quarters, usually playing two or three games a day, Monday through Thursday.

Patrick Shepard Jr., director of intramural, says, “Not only do we play OBU in Football and Basketball, we also battle in intramurals in flag football and 5-on-5 basketball.” The Battle of the Ravine Intramural Basketball games were held Monday at OBU gym.

Women played at 7:30 p.m. followed by the Men at 8:30 p.m.. Women’s score was 18-14, Henderson was victory. The Men’s score was 68-82. OBU won.

Coming up after Spring Break, March 27 and 28 Intramurals will be hosting Kickball. On the 29, it will host Knockerball. During knockerball, enjoy rolling around like a hamster, knocking people over.

Lastly, on March 31, Intramurals will be bike riding on Degray. Reminder, Softball starts April 2. That’s all for This Week in Intramurals.