A school with a heart and some talent

Story by Kara Amato, Student Reporter

A small slice of Hollywood came to campus this week. The Student Activities Board (SAB) dcdorigomeealthympeitinheform of “Henderson’s Got Talent.” 

This spin off of Hollywood’s “America’s Got Talt”sutoeheohowhathsschool’s variety of students have to offer, and to promote healthy competition and camaraderie. Student’s efforts won’t go unrewarded however. First place will be awarded $1000, second place will get $500, and third place will receive $250. 

The auditions for the event took place Tuesday, Sept. 12 and Wednesday Sept. 13 at the Garrison Lecture Hall from 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.. Judged by five people the students took the stage and gave it their best to impress. Two of the judges included Jeremy Smith, a graduate of the 1997 class, and Forest Hankins, a business administration graduate. 

Contestants finished their acts with words of encouragement from the judges and plenty of applause. Multiple contestants chose to show off their singing talent on Tuesday. 

Students came out in force this week and showed the SAB they had some serious talent to present. Clark Jarrett, sophomore finance major, performed Tuesday night. 

“I’d love to perform for everyone,” Jarrett said. “I’ve been playing guitar for about a year now and I’ve been singing all my life so I just want to get up there and do what I love to do and if I win the prize money that would be great!” Jarrett performed an acoustic version of Lil’ Wayne’s “How to Love” that brought an abundance of energy and charisma. 

The grand finale for the talent show will be held on Thursday, Sept. 28. Students and faculty are encouraged to come out during the event, so be sure to keep a look out for announcements regarding the finale’s location. 

The competition is certainly fierce and there’s plenty on the line for these young entertainers.