This week’s events schedule

Story by Pete Tubbs, Editor in Chief

Unbeknownst to a surprising amount of people, our campus has an incredible array of events every week. They range from fun to informative, and they number in the dozens. 

For instance, Oct. 3 at 6:15 a.m. the football stadium is host to Sunrise Yoga. That’ll get your morning started the right way. 

That same day from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Alpha Sigma Alpha is hosting an awareness campaign in the Galloway Room on the negative connotation of using the “r” word. It’s called “Spread the Word to End the Word” and it’s something that deserves notice. 

The next day at 4:00 p.m. will be the opening of the play “I Am Emily Doe” which is a reenactment of a true rape case. It’s destined to be hard hitting and important and it’s definitely something that college students should be required to see. 

Dr. John Corvino will come that night at 7:00 and will present a lecture about the culture wars. In the turbulent times we live in, what could be more topical? 

On Oct. 5, there will be a q&a at 6 p.m. called “Ask a Latino” in the Reddie Cafe. Visitors will be able to ask anything they wish about anything Latino related from a real Latino. 

After you “Ask a Latino,” you can head on over to the game room and participate in video game night from 6-11. If you’re not into video games, at 8 p.m. in the Planetarium you can witness the “Dawn of the Space Age.” 

With all of these activities it’s literally impossible to be bored. This goes to show, it’s not hard to have fun even if you’re ballin’ on a budget.