The Reddie spirit is in the shirt

Emily Henderson

Students of HSU tie-dyeing spirit shirts ahead of the famous Battle of the ravine football game.

Miley Cyrus’ “Party In The U.S.A” echoed through the quad as students gathered around four in the afternoon. Once all signed in through the Corq app, the first 100 students that arrived received a free t-shirt to dye. “We really hope a lot of people come, especially those that want to show their Reddie spirit in a fun way,” said one of the Student Activity Board (SAB) members.

In order to prepare for the Battle of the Ravine, students had the opportunity to use their creative minds with dye. In return they would have something to wear to the game that weekend. What’s better than a personalized tie-dye shirt made with friends? Maybe listening to music and watching the sunset while doing it. Laughter and excitement filled the area while students geared up with gloves, rubberbands, bright red dye, and a plain white t-shirt.

The shirts, dye, rubber bands, gloves, and bags to carry the finished product were all ready for those who wished to take on the adventure of tie-dying. The SAB members greeted those in attendance with friendly faces, and a warm welcome was given by the president. This night’s tie-dyeing fun was just the beginning of the SAB’s plans to get ready for the big game. Other events included a Just Dance battle, a hot cocoa and s’mores night, and an AGC cookout on the quad.