Reddie Basketball Signee: Eryka Patton

Picture by: HSU SPORTS Incoming athlete Eryka Patton

Haley Spicer, Sports Reporter

Eryka is only one of two new signees that the Women’s basketball team added. She lettered in two sports: Track and Basketball at Guyer High School under head coaches, Sally Allsbrook and Amy Kilgore. She decided to pursue basketball and get the opportunity to play under Jill Thomas. She is from Denton, Texas, and plays a shooting guard and small forward standing at 5’9.

Eryka’s thoughts on choosing Henderson ultimately served as the cherry on top to play under Head Coach Jill Thomas. “I liked the coaches and the team, they reminded me a lot of my high school team and I love them. Also, my friend always told me to go where you feel wanted the most and they always showed me the most love from the second they saw me and I really appreciate all they’ve done for me.”

Patton speaks about her expectations of playing college basketball and how prepared she is for it. “I expect it to be at a faster pace with more pressure and harder conditioning but I’m ready for everything that it comes with.”

Patton had a memorable visit to Henderson, and she recaps the entertaining day by saying, “It was great, I really enjoyed the scenery. I enjoyed playing games with the girls and getting to know the coaches better and seeing how they interact with the players. Also, they took me out for ice cream because it was my birthday. Overall, I really enjoyed my visit”.

She has a lot that she can contribute to the team that separates her. “I’m most definitely going to bring my energy, my hard-working ethics, my leadership skills, and my go get it mentality”.

Patton is eager to get to work and make a lasting impact. She is very appreciative of the Reddies Women’s Basketball teammates and coaches.