Odell Beckham is out for the count

The official logo of the National Football League

Teuana Smith, Campus Editor

Odell Beckham Jr., wide receiver for the Cleveland Browns tore the ACL in his knee during Sunday’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals. He is expected to be out for the rest of the season as announced by the team.

Beckham has over 20 catches for 319 yards this season up to this seventh game. On Sunday, Beckham attempted to catch the first throw of the game by Quarterback, Baker Mayfield but it was intercepted by Darius Phillips. He ran after Mayfield about to tackle but was injured once he leaped over another Bengal opponent.

The ACL tear is located in his left knee. He was escorted out of the stadium and was pronounced out of the game by halftime. This is not the first injury Beckham has endured during his career.

In 2017, he suffered a broken ankle and had a quad injury that following year resulting in a fair amount of downtime. The 27-year-old athlete only has three years left of a $90 million, five-year contract signed in 2018.

The dynamic athlete left the team with three other active receivers: Jarvis Landry, Donovan Peoples-Jones, and Rashard Higgins who helped achieve a victory for the night ending with a 37-34 score. OBJ can not be cut by the time per Tom Pelissero’s tweet on Monday morning :

“Translation: Odell is uncuttable. He won’t be healthy before the guarantee converts in March, so he’s getting his money in 2021.”