Hard to “Lett” go

Cathy Lett served nearly eight years at Henderson and her kind presence will be greatly missed by faculty and students alike.

Submitted

Catherine Lett, an administrative specialist with the communication and theater arts department, is resigning after almost eight years at Henderson State. Once she saw that life and other circumstances were changing, she felt as though Henderson was not the place for her anymore. However, her time here left a positive impact on herself as well as professors and students.

“Cathy has been an amazing team member for our department,” says Torri Ellison, an instructor of communication here at Henderson. “Our department just won’t be the same without her.”

Ellison also feels that Lett is the type of person who consistently went above and beyond. To her, she was a strong support system and is happy that she was given the chance to get to know her as a friend.

The impact of working here, however, has been felt most deeply by Lett herself.

“I’ve learned a lot, and the faculty in the communication and theater arts department really are the best,” Lett said. “I will miss seeing them in the office.”

She also explained that getting to know the students was enjoyable as she liked watching them progress in their academic careers and being there along their journey.

Michael Taylor, professor and chair of the communications department, feels as though she was a true professional and that her smiling face was always comforting to see at the reception desk to anyone who walked by.

This is the door to the office where Cathy Lett was an administrative specialist in the communication and theater arts division. (Kaela McKim)

“Everyone in the department wishes her success in the future,” Taylor said. “We are so sorry to see her go.”

Lett is excited about her own future endeavors, though.

“I’m looking forward to resetting and getting back to basics for now,” Lett said.