5 Mystery Anime to watch at home

Fuji+TV

Fuji TV

Cle’Varus Oney, Copy Editor

With everyone spending a bit more time inside, the boredom alone could dull the mind. You know what could prevent that? A  good mystery! Here is a list of five completed anime, in no particular order, that will get your brain ticking.

First up is 2009’s “Eden of the East,” a show with 11 episodes and two movies. The setting of this story is a world set three months after 10 missiles strike Japan but result in no casualties. The attack came to be known as “Careless Monday,” and no group claimed responsibility for it. While visiting Washington D.C., college graduate Saki Morimi finds herself in trouble with the police. Before anything goes wrong, she’s saved by the sudden appearance of a naked man who possesses only a phone and a revolver. Why is this man in Washington, why is he naked, why does he have a gun? You’ll have to head to Hulu and find out.

Next is “Erased,” a 12-episode anime that leaves you on a cliffhanger with every episode. Erased sees our protagonist, Satoru Fujinuma, sent 18 years into the past when he was still in elementary school. Once there, he’s committed to preventing the series of murders that caused him to be sent back in the first place. If he’s able to solve these murders, he may be able to save those dearest to him. You can find it on Hulu and Crunchyroll.

“Durarara!!” The series with a name that shouts at you and boasts two seasons numbering at 25 and 36 episodes, respectively. It gives you the interwoven stories of a city named Ikebukuro. A supposedly headless biker pursued by police, an anonymous, internet-based gang, and teenagers just stuck in the middle reside here. The story shows the point of view of multiple characters for a single event and somehow manages to keep it fresh every time. Step into Ikebukuro and see how gang violence and the supernatural come together on Crunchyroll or Hulu.

One of these heroes is not like the other in “Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers.” A legend states when the Demon God is revived, six heroes will be given the power to defeat him. As the heroes gather, one problem presents itself: there are seven heroes gathered here. Join the heroes as they attempt to find out who, out of the seven of them, is the fake and possibly an enemy. You can get your fantasy fix from Crunchyroll.

Finally, we have “Danganronpa: The Animation.” 16 students are trapped together in the prestigious Hope’s Peak Academy. The students have no idea how they got there and are told that the only way out is to kill another student and get away with it. Watch as these students attempt to avoid death while discovering how they ended up trapped in this hopeless situation.  See the 13 episodes of murder mystery unfold on Hulu.

Pick a show and put on your thinking hat because these anime will keep you guessing up until the final episode.