Tips for staying sane while staying at home

Katlin Williams, Contributing Reporter

Staying home is a task that is hard for college students to be able to do. Thankfully,I have found some fun things to keep me occupied while we finish the Spring 2020 semester online. With these tips you can keep yourself busy and not go stir crazy. 

One thing I was able to get outdoors and enjoy some fresh air. Hiking and sight-seeing are the most relaxing things to do. Seeing  nature scenery is breathtaking. Scientists have found that spending time outside, actually relieves stress and recharges your mind, body, and soul. 

Something else that is really great to do is paint. I have learned that creating images and painting is very relaxing and so much fun. Who wouldn’t want to create cute pictures for their room? Painting or decorating is a good way to distract your thoughts from whatever is causing the stress and anxiety you have. 

Another fun activity you can do at home is bake! Not only can you enjoy tasting delicious treats  fresh out of the oven, but it is also a great activity. It helps relieve stress when you feel anxious, keeps you occupied and will leave you with a yummy snack. 

During this time at home, you have the opportunity to try new things that you  never would’ve had time to do, like organize something in your house, rearrange your furniture, or organize your daily work schedule working from home. You can complete a puzzle, binge watch tv shows and movies, read a good book, play games with your family, learn how to knit, color, fix small things like a doorknob or changing out a light, online shopping, and many others.