HSU Dining Hall

Victoria Stewart-Meyers, City Editor

The Henderson Dining Hall announced today that beginning with the dinner service tonight all service will be take-out only. Since the changes made to move classes online, the dining hall has been open and serving students. However, it changed to disposable paper plates, cups, and plastic cutlery. In addition, the self-serve waffles and toast are closed. The salad bar, soup and hamburger stations, and pizza are now being served by staff as well. The international, home style, and allergen friendly stations remain the same. Individually wrapped fruit is available and desserts are individually wrapped cookies and brownies, and also muffins in paper cups. The ice cream machine is shut down. Even the salt and pepper shakers are put away, but there are tiny salt and pepper packets in the cutlery packs. 

Kelly LeGuin, the friendly face at the lunchtime salad bar station, is happy to serve students their salads exactly to order. 

The bar is freshly stocked with healthy food for boosting students’ immune systems during this virus outbreak, she said she was told that “we have the best salad bar in town!”

Selections include three kinds of green lettuce, cherry tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, tri-colored bell peppers, mushrooms, black olives, onion, shredded cheese, cut up ham, and crumbled bacon. Toppings, like sunflower seeds, croutons, and dried cranberries as well as an assortment of dressing choices make for a delicious meal. 

Students may use a styrofoam divided box, a smaller desert box, and a paper cup for to-go meals for the foreseeable future.