HSU extends remote instruction for the duration of spring semester

Updated March 22

• Students may call (501) 844-0433 to contact the Health and Counseling Services Department for mental or physical health support

Updated March 20

• Elaine Kneebone announced that remote instruction will continue for the duration of the spring semester and that commencement is postponed
  • Residence halls and the dining hall will remain open until the end of the semester
  • Students may remain in campus apartments until May 31
  • DCB can still be used and any surplus will roll over to next semester for use until September 30
  • No refunds will be issued for the spring semester
  • Summer classes will continue and it will be announced whether or not they will be conducted via remote instruction as well

We will update this notice as needed to keep our HSU community informed. See the end of the page for additional sources for information regarding  COVID-19.

March 15

Henderson State University will be closing the majority of campus until April 13th at the earliest. Here is what we know so far:

• Residence Halls and Reddie Bookstore remain open
  • Students choosing to stay in their Residence Halls are required to submit a form available in their Reddie emails
  • Building access with student ID will be restricted to your Residence Hall
  • The Reddie Writing Center will continue to operate remotely and a link to their services is available here
  • Financial Aid will continue to operate remotely and more information is available by emailing [email protected]
  • All student activities during this period are cancelled
  • NCAA Division II has suspended play until April 15th at the earliest

Additional sources of information:

Henderson State University

World Health Organization

Centers for Disease Control

Arkansas Department of Health

Share your COVID-19 stories

Tell us about your experiences regarding the 2019-2020 novel "Coronavirus."
  • If you would like to remain anonymous, you may skip this section.
  • What is your occupation? Please note whether you are a student, teacher, healthcare professional or otherwise.
  • The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting our professional, educational, and personal lives profoundly. The Oracle wants to reach out and unify the community through its experiences during this pandemic. Whether you have had an experience with the virus itself, or have been affected by the changes it has resulted in, we want to hear your story.
  • Drop files here or
    Accepted file types: docx, pdf, jpg.
    If you've already written an account of your pandemic experience, upload the document here. Also include here any photos you want to include with your story.