Leaving It All On The Court In Henderson’s Last Game

Haley Spicer, Sports Reporter

The Reddies put up a fight against top-ranked Southeastern Oklahoma State University in the semi-finals.

Henderson kept within a possession of the savage storm with significant scoring at the beginning of the game to capture a four-point lead. Free throws bailed out both teams as the Reddies only missed one in the first quarter.

The pace of the game back to back scoring with continual lead changes. That is until senior point guard, Pink Jones sparked the offensive with her dynamic playmaking ability scoring eight points to get Henderson another lead.

Senior Guard Blu Jones caught fire in the second quarter scoring back to back three-pointers. Both twins, Blu and Pink, were dominant in the second quarter as they both scored 6 points each.

The second half had a relatively slow pace with numerous fouls and turnovers on both sides of the court. However, Pink Jones refused to be shut down as she was doing it all from scoring to assisting in rebounding.

Henderson State shifted the momentum when graduating student forward Lexis Weber capitalized on and one-and-one opportunity. Then, junior guard, Lani Snowden fed off the energy hitting two three-pointers in rhythm.

The Reddies were electric in the final minutes to close out the third-quarter ending on a 9-2 run to maintain the lead. The savage storm countered Henderson State with its own nine-point run to tie the game once again.

Blu Jones scored the final two points on the last possession to tie the game with ten seconds remaining in the fourth quarter.

Henderson’s defense came up with a huge stand as they forced a steal. An extra period was needed to decide who would play in the championship game.

The Reddies got the ball first due to a backcourt violation by Southeastern. However, the savage storm scored the first four points, Henderson countered their attack with a 5-0 run.

HSU ultimately fell in overtime ending there season after a stunning double-double effort by Pink Jones with 23 points and 10 assists in her last collegiate game.