Press Release: Emergence Art Exhibition

Senior Show by BFA student Sarah Ragan

Victoria Stewart-Meyers, City Editor

Sarah Ragan, a graduating BFA student from Henderson State University, will be presenting her newest body of work, Emergence, at an opening reception on Monday, March 2nd

Originating from Liberty, Missouri, Sarah came to Henderson State University in 2016 to study under Katherine Strause. After developing her technical and conceptual skills as an oil painter under the guidance of Strause, Sarah is now revealing her new series of paintings. 

The art exhibition will be open to the public from February 27th to March 8th on the second floor gallery of the Henderson State University Huie Library. The opening reception for Emergence will be on Monday, March 2nd, from 12-1:30 PM, where refreshments will be served.

This body of figurative work explores Sarah Ragan’s perception of and personal interactions with water, along with the way that water naturally abstracts objects. She explores the wide variety of colors that water takes on and how it affects the color of the figure. Her work is also meant to provide an alternative to the historical associations with the female nude.

For more information regarding hours, please visit http://library.hsu.edu or contact the Fine Art Department at (870) 230-5036.