Vaccinate Your Dogs!

Low Cost Vaccine Clinic at HSCC

Back to Article
Back to Article

Vaccinate Your Dogs!

Victoria Stewart-Meyers, City Editor

The South Arkansas Veterinary Hospital and the Humane Society of Clark County in Arkadelphia are hosting a Low-Cost Vaccine Clinic on Saturday, February the 8th, from 1 pm to 3 pm. No appointment is needed. All animals brought to the clinic must be either on a leash or in a crate. 

Vaccines offered are $10 each and include Rabies for animals over three months of age; the 5-in-1 DHPP combo vaccine for dogs aged 6-8 weeks and older; and the 4-in-1 FVRCP combo vaccine for cats aged 6-8 weeks and older. Micro-chipping for dogs and cats will also be available for $25.

Bring payment for services by cash or credit card with you to the clinic. All proceeds from the event benefit the Humane Society of Clark County. Additional Donations of money or items are tax-deductible. HSCC has provided a list of things that are always needed and appreciated: Wal-Mart gift cards, dog, cat, puppy, and kitten food (sealed in a can or a bag), cat litter, pet beds, towels and blankets, toys and treats, leashes and harnesses, cleaning supplies, i.e., bleach, wipes, laundry detergent, paper towels, trash bags, mops, buckets, sponges and cleaning cloths.

Volunteers are always welcome, as well. Amanda Malcolm, Director of the HSCC, said college students are much appreciated because “they always jump right into work.” If students need volunteer or community service hours, they can come to help out or even walk dogs. Danielle George, a staff member at HSCC, was happy to check out a hound dog mix to a family for a walk Saturday, who were looking to adopt a pet. She said she has been at the HSCC for two years and loves her work. 

Other services offered by the HSCC are Low-Cost Spay and Neuter Clinics held every other month in January, March, and May as well as each summer month, July, August September, and then one more in November. Some pet accessories, like leashes, and pet beds are available for sale.  

Call the HSCC (870)245-2579 for more information. The HSCC is open to the public Tuesday through Friday from 10 am to 4 pm, and Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm. The Vaccine Clinic event takes place at the Humane Society of Clark County at 627 Walnut Street in Arkadelphia on Saturday, February the 8th, from 1 pm to 3 pm.