The KO in OK

Reddies Defeat Savage Storm

Hannah Hodge, Oracle Sports Co-Editor

Henderson State traveled to Durant Oklahoma to face on the Savage Storm of Southeastern Oklahoma University for their last out of state away game. 

With a temperature of 64 degrees, the weather perfect for the 2 pm kick-off. The Reddies are now ranked 23 in the country and are tied for second in the GAC conference along with Harding and Southern Arkansas. 

The first quarter was even, with the Savage Storm scoring on the board first but the Reddies responded quickly and the first quarter ended with both teams tied 7-7.  

Touchdowns from Quarele Hall and L’liott Curry gave the Reddies a 20-17 lead going into the second half. 

In the third quarter, the Reddies defense adjusted to what the Storm was throwing at them. Defensive back Freshman Patrick Jones who got a fumble and returned it down to the Southeastern 15-yard line. Jones had another notable play when he picked off SOSU quarterback Daulton Hatley at the goal line. 

Defensive back Mercardo Anderson got two interceptions, one for a touchdown, and was named GAC Defensive Player of the Week. 

Henderson won the game 41-27, the Reddies move to 7-1 which is their best start since 2015. They will travel again next Saturday, Nov. 2 at 3 p.m. when they travel to Monticello, Arkansas to face UAM.