Zeta Week

This past week, Henderson’s chapter of Zeta Phi Beta, Xi Eta celebrated Zeta Week by giving back to the students on campus. Zeta Phi Beta is one of the four sororities apart of the National Pan-Hellenic Council. “My favorite thing about being a part of this organization is that we are community conscious and action-oriented” Briana Fricks junior Mass Media and Communications major said, “We speak out [about] any injustices, give back to the community and we come together as one”.
The sorority has not only had an impact on the campus but on its members as well. “This organization has changed my life in so many ways” Fricks added, “I [have] sisters everywhere”. The Zeta’s are involved in many service projects. “We love giving back and bringing awareness to what’s important to the people,” Fricks said. “We’re apart of March of Dimes, Healthy Heart Awareness, and Breast Cancer
Awareness”.
The sorority hosted a makeup party for ladies to discuss beauty products and uplift each other. They also collaborated with the campus nurse and local health department to educate students on safe sex. Zeta week came to a close with their annual stroll-off contest. Different organizations competed to win a $200 prize. The winner was Blu Einstein∑.