Clark County NAACP celebrates 27th Freedom Fund Banquet

Henry Wilson, NAACP President

Clark County NAACP celebrated its 27th Annual Freedom Fund Banquet held on Saturday, October 13, 2018 at the Henderson State University Banquet Room.

The guest speaker was Mr. Ricky Tucker, an Administrator in the Camden Fairview School District. He serves as the Assistant Principal for the High School and the Athletic Director for the school district.

Our theme, “Defeat Hate-Vote” was well received by the over one hundred and twenty-five attendees. Mr. Tucker did an outstanding job of elaborating on the theme. The entertainment for the evening was provided by Mrs. Myra Bailey who lifted her harmonious voice in song. Among our guest was also, Arkansas State Conference NAACP President, Dale Charles with State Conference Secretary, C. Diane Charles.

The awards that were given out were the Youth Leadership Award that went to Master Michael Evans III, a student at the Arkadelphia High School. The Community Service Award was given to Mrs. Estella Forte of Arkadelphia.

There were two President Awards given with one going to Ms. Vanilla Hannah and the other to Mrs. Jacqueline Wilson.

The Mary Ross Foundation Scholarship Award went to Mt. Olive Baptist Church; Reverend Llewellyn E. Terry, Sr. is the Pastor. A student who is a member of Mt. Olive will receive the Mary Ross Scholarship from the Clark County NAACP.

Proceeds from this annual event are used to fulfill our objectives, which are to ensure the Political, Educational, Social and Economic Equality of Minority group citizens, as well as to achieve Equality of Rights and Eliminate Race prejudice and to remove all barriers of Racial Discrimination.