Greekin’ out

Sigma Tau Gamma dominated the events last week

Freshman+Elementary+Education+major+Mirela+Tornatore+made+her+way+around+the+slippery+bases+to+third+base.+The+girls+of+Alpha+Xi+Delta+worked+their+hardest+to+pull+out+a+win+but+to+no+avail.+Their+smiles+and+bonding+throughout+the+game+were+all+worth+it.+
Freshman Elementary Education major Mirela Tornatore made her way around the slippery bases to third base. The girls of Alpha Xi Delta worked their hardest to pull out a win but to no avail. Their smiles and bonding throughout the game were all worth it.

Photo by Shelby Dixon, Student Reporter.

Story by Shelby Dixon, Student Reporter

Representatives from several of the Fraternities and Sororities that participated in Greek Week.

Every spring students at Henderson get antsy. There is a need for them to get out of the classroom and do something fun.

That is where Greek Week comes in. All social greeks on campus are brought together to compete in numerous events that shows off their talents and diversity.

The week started off on Monday with fun yard games like egg toss. Tuesday night was the lip sync battle. It was a great show and the students’ hard work definitely paid off. Alpha Sigma Alpha won that event by close margins.

The best night of the week to most students came with the step show. It was a packed auditorium with a loud crowd. Alpha Xi Delta, Alpha Sigma Tau and Kappa Alpha Psi took home the win with a “Fight Night” theme.

Friday the weather did not hold off so the activities for that day got moved back to the next Wednesday. Tug of war, slip and slide kickball, bubble soccer and capture the flag were bracket styled and got competitive.

The overall winners and Greek Man/Woman of the year will be announced at the All Greek Banquet at the end of the year. This week is a way for students to relax before finals and also to unify fraternities and sororities.

Sigma Tau Gamma member and Business Management major, Jess Ledbetter says “It is good for Greek life to be unified through fun activities. It is not easy but is still fun! I hope that is everyone’s goals during this week.”

The goal was successful along with the week. The results for each event are below with Sigma Tau Gamma wiping out the majority of the events for the fraternities.

Search for the Red E: Alpha Sigma Tau

Field Pong: Alpha Sigma Tau

Egg Toss: Alpha Xi Delta

Relay Race: Alpha Sigma Tau

Slip and Slide Kickball: Alpha Sigma Alpha, Phi Lambda Chi, Omega Psi Phi

Yard Baggo: Alpha Xi Delta

Step Show: Alpha Xi Delta, Alpha Sigma Tau, Kappa Alpha Psi

Lip Sync: Alpha Sigma Alpha

Bubble Soccer: Alpha Sigma Tau

Yard Tic-Tac: Alpha Xi Delta

Tug of War: Alpha Sigma Tau

Dodgeball: Alpha Sigma Tau