Depression and bad language: “Tigers be Still” was performed last week

If you have nothing to do when you’re out of class, then come to the theatre and see all the different plays they have to offer. You can find play times and descriptions on hsu.edu.

The Tigers Be Still play by Kim Rosenstock was performed in the Arkansas Hall Studio theatre this past Thursday through Sunday. 

“Tigers be Still” is a comedy about depression. A women named Sherry with a masters degree in art therapy moves back home. She is overwhelmed, unemployed, and stays in the safety of her childhood bed until she finds an employment opportunity that gives her hope and a renewed sense of purpose. 

Ricardo Ramirez, a freshmen accounting major said of the play, “It was a tad bit confusing at times, but overall it was funny, especially Zach and Grace. The cursing added humor as well.” 

Some, however, had a different opinion. Freshman computer science major Tea Burgess said “I thought the plot was good, but I think the language was a bit excessive,” Burgess said. 

If you didn’t make it to this one, have no fear. The next play will be “Peter and The Star Catcher.” It will open on April 12 at 7:30 p.m. and will continue through April 13, 14, 16, and 17. 

If you have time on your hands, then I would encourage you to attend the theatre department’s shows. They are a lot of fun to watch, and if you go opening night, they have food layed out for everyone that wants to eat after the play is finished.

HSU students can get in for free. If you’re not a student, however, you now have the option to pay with credit or debit cards to purchase tickets.